MKN is seeking a highly motivated Construction Inspector who is excited to become part of a growing, water resources engineering and construction management firm. The assignment is for public works construction inspection work in the San Diego County geographic area. We are a rapidly growing, team-oriented and highly motivated group with offices in Arroyo Grande, Bakersfield, Fresno, Santa Clarita, Irvine, Oceanside, San Jose, and Ventura. MKN strongly believes in and understands the important balance between work and personal life balance. Our collaborative work environment and operating philosophy supports our staff in achieving this goal while maintaining excellence in our service to our clients.
- Under general supervision from a Resident Engineer or Construction Manager:
- Inspect the construction of wastewater projects within existing wastewater treatment plants
- Inspect the installation of various sizes and types of sewer pipelines within the public right of way, including the excavation and backfilling of trenches
- Inspect the construction of public works projects such as, water and wastewater treatment plants, sewers, lift stations, wells, pipelines and other similar works.
- Inspect the restoration of surface and existing improvements for conformance with plans, specifications, safety orders, codes, permits and general requirements of other agencies
- Receive and review approved submittals and RFIs;
- Attend pre-construction meetings and weekly meetings
- Keep a daily log of construction activities; interact with contractors, engineers and the general public; and perform related duties as required.
- Take daily photographs of the work in progress
- Review and approve monthly pay requests.
- Track extra work in progress and sign daily time and material work sheets
- Review and approve monthly updates to the as-built drawings.
- Generate punch lists and review and approve project close out documentation.
Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as well as eagerness and enthusiasm to work in a team environment on a wide variety of construction management projects throughout Los Angeles County.
Requirements & Experience:
Position requires five years of construction related experience performing duties which provide a working knowledge of inspection principles public works construction projects. College coursework in Construction Technology or a closely related program may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Compensation & Benefits:
This assignment is for prevailing wage construction inspector work within Ventura County. Compensation based on prevailing wage requirements with a base range of $65-$90 per hour. The firm offers highly competitive salary and fringe benefits and most importantly an opportunity for engagement and support from a senior engineering team who has led major regional water resource projects throughout the western US.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. For additional information regarding MKN please refer to our website www.mknassociates.us.